STAAR Performance and Reporting FAQs
Click on an article below for quick solutions to the most frequently asked questions.
- How is student performance described on STAAR?
- What is the passing standard for STAAR?
- Why are the STAAR performance standards presented as scale scores rather than raw scores?
- Why isn’t the passing standard for each STAAR assessment set at 70% of the questions correct?
- Does the passing standard for STAAR change each year?
- Which STAAR assessments are reported on a vertical scale?
- Is there a progress measure for STAAR?
- What reports are provided for the STAAR program?
- Does TEA provide additional information about the test questions on STAAR?
- What reporting data are available to students and their parents?
- What reporting data are available to campuses and districts?