TEA logo TEA Website Contact TEA Sign Up For Updates TEA Secure ApplicationsTEAL LoginTEASE Login

Which students can receive designated supports?

Designated supports are intended for students who are approved to use them based on the
decisions of the appropriate committee (e.g., admission, review, and dismissal [ARD] committee,
504 committee, language proficiency assessment committee [LPAC], response to intervention [RtI]
committee, or student assistance team). When campus-level committees (including RtI
committees and student assistance teams) make decisions, they should be addressing a student’s
consistent academic struggle in a specific area. For example, supplemental aids are not the same
as common study aids used by students who are not struggling academically.

Have more questions? Submit a request